This post is super late especially since we’re in the 3rd month of the new year but I recently just made my blog and I really want to have concrete ambitions to hold myself accountable.
Everyone has some type of goal that they want to achieve at some point in their lives; whether it be a New Years Resolution, a to-do list, a journal, or telling someone your plans. I’ve had so many journals and word documents with all my goals written but I would forget about them, lose interest and become lazy.
Goals are not my thing! I always feel like I’m in high school whenever someone tells me to write down my goals for this month, this year, or the future. Goals change every single second, minute and days. To me they are just another science project that in a week when I’m over with it I forget about it.
Ambitions: a strong desire to do something, typically requiring determination and hard work; desire and determination to achieve success.
- Run Run Run outside, inside, on a track, on a treadmill, in the park, around the neighborhood, with my boyfriend, with friends, to support a cause, because it’s a nice day, because I’m having a bad day, because I want my body to function properly, because I love my self
- Drink more water, tea, fresh juices- juice my own oranges, apples, carrots, mangoes,etc
- Get a good snoozzze; at least 7hrs every night
- Bootycall ; get some form of exercise when I wake up in the morning for at least 30 mins 5 days a week
- Try new things to relieve stress; try yoga, go on a walk, take a new class at the gym, burn some candles and read a book, try a new recipe, talk to my friends and family
- Be confident, don’t count calories
- Ask for help when I think I’m over my head with challenges, especially from the TIU Community
- Eat Lean, Green and Clean as much as 5 days a week
- Don’t be too hard on yourself, everyone makes mistakes
- Do this for myself, because you want a healthier way of living, because you want to fit into your jeans comfortably and not try to hide your love handles, because you don’t want your arms to jiggle, because you don’t want to feel uncomfortable in a bathing suit, because you don’t want to keep pulling your shorts down, because you don’t want to feel weak, because you love yourself
Here’s to a healthier me. Wherever my life takes me I know that I have a strong supportive group behind me pushing me harder than ever, telling me not to quit not to give up because they’re facing the same things.
Thank you TIU for changing my life and making me want to be better.